Nau mai Haere mai
Welcome to the Victory Community Centre
Victory Community Centre (VCC) is a Community Centre located in Nelson's multi - cultural Victory Village
- A range of health services
- A large programme of activities and events
- Advocacy and support for community members
- A place to gather and meet other people.
Our vision is that Victory is a thriving and caring community of health, hope and possibility.
Victory Community Centre Facilities & Services
Victory Community Centre manages a gymnasium style hall and a Meeting room with a kitchen, both of which are available for hire. We are located 5 minutes drive from the Nelson City Centre.
We host a number of external services including midwives, Plunket nurse, and sexual health services.
We facilitate community celebrations (eg. Matariki, Lark in the Park), oversee the community gardens, provide social opportunities and the Victory on the Move programme (more information available on our Events page)
Victory Community Centre Notice Board
Learn More about Our Values and Strategic Goals
Every person has unique value.
Every person deserves a chance to reach their potential.
Every person has the right to feel included and encouraged.
Strength is found in working together for greater good
We are here for the long haul, we are part of the community here.
Our 5 strategic goals
- Victory Community Centre is a thriving community hub
- We advocate for our community
- Our community can easily access good healthcare / support for wellbeing
- Our programmes and activities enhance Victory community wellbeing
- Victory Community Centre is a strong and effective organisation.
"The essential elements of a healthy community are dignity, respect, trust and a sense of belonging. We want to see our community at its best, with Victory Community Centre a thriving hub at the Centre of our community. A community hub is a go-to place and is instrumental in providing healthcare, advice, activities, support, kai, events, culture and friendly faces for whoever walks in the door"